Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Costomer Service

As I was shopping in Georgetown one summer day, I stumbled upon a store called Annie Creamcheese, (vintage designer store). As soon, as I stepped through the door I immediately locked eyes on a beautiful gold vintage Chanel necklace it was an instant love at first sight. A young lady who happened to work there saw the glow in my eyes and we hit it off instantly, she showed me all the new shipments of Versace, Chanel, Fendi, and etc. I honestly felt like I was in heaven, she personally introduced me to EVERYTHING, and helped me pick out earrings and outfits; she catered to my every need and definitely made a lot of commission from me that day.

“They’ve focused on customer service and haven’t allowed themselves to be distracted by other things,” says an online retailing expert. In a down economy, retailers especially should be focusing on customer service. But as Hsieh points out, it’s often the first thing to go. “The payoff for great customer service might be a year or two down the line. And the payoff for having a great company culture might be three or four years down the line.”  (1 Marketing Creating and Capturing Customer Value: Page, 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment